New painting just finished

 


Aviana and friends - 102x76x38cm, mixed media by erika husselmann


Meet 'Aviana and friends' - the latest work off my easel and the first finished one for 2024/2025. I am happy with this, it consists of layers and layers of paint, done on a recycled linen canvas, stretched and ready to hang. It's happily hanging on my wall for now, drying, waiting for the final coat of satin varnish.

Five is the number of the birds in this painting, and also an interesting number indicated by a V in Roman numerals, after I II III IIII which all made sense. 

google gives me this: 5 is the first congruent number, as well as the length of the hypotenuse of the smallest integer-sided right triangle, making part of the smallest Pythagorean triple (3, 4, 5). 5 is the first prime, and the first good prime. And that's not all... 5 is also a Fermat prime, a Mersenne prime exponent, as well as a Fibonacci number.

I didn't get all of that, did you? I do love Fibonacci though.. then I found this:

"The earliest counting systems in the world are thought to be quinary (base 5), which developed from simply counting the fingers on your hand. "

 I love that!

If you would like to acquire Aviana and her friends, the painting is available now and can be secured through Paypal below, or contact me or leave a message on facebook if you prefer.

Thank you as always - erika









Popular posts from this blog

hajulella

phantasia